I love Spring! Spring for me this year is very different to last year. My style has changed into a more glamourous and a more mature look. My birthday is during Spring so I thought as it is my 21st this year, I would spice up my style a bit!
Maxi Dress: Miss Selfridge
Shoes – ModCloth
Coat – House of Fraser
Bracelet – New look
Tiara – Debenhams
Scarf – H&M
Lipstick – Viva Glam Rihanna by MAC
Nail Polish – Rock Candy by Essie
What I like to do every week is to have a nice pamper evening to relieve stress and just have some ‘me’ time. I know how stressful you can get when you have studying to do, a job or kids to look after. That does not mean you cannot treat yourself now and then. A break is what you need to recharge your batteries. In fact, pampering yourself does wonders to your physical and mental state and makes you feel so much better. I always like to have my own pamper evening once or twice every week and this is what I usually do…
Relaxing bath – A pamper evening always should include having a nice relaxing bath. It will not be a pamper evening if a bath is not included because that bath is what relaxes and soothes you the most. Recently, I have been buying bath bombs from Lush because they are amazing and makes you feel fresh and lovely. You need something special on a pamper evening. My favourite bath bomb is the Avobath made with avocado, olive oil and lemongrass and it smells amazing.
Exfoliating Face Mask – An exfoliating homemade face masks are the best for a pamper evening. My favourite is definitely my Manuka Honey and Sea Salt mask. Great for acne-prone skin.
Candles – I love candles. I burn them while I study too. They put you in a rather relaxing mood. Yankee Candles are expensive but they last a long time and get the whole room smelling lovely. I was looking for the Christmas Cookie recently but they were all sold out, so I settled for the Strawberry Buttercream instead. It is absolutely gorgeous. I burnt it only once and everyone says it got the whole house smelling nice let alone my bedroom. Scented candles are a must for a pamper night.
Clean and Tidy Bedroom – Along with that, I always make sure I have a tidy bedroom and some fairy lights turned on. It just makes me feel so much relaxed and cosy. Below is my bedroom – well half of it anyway.
Book – I love cosying up in bed with a good book. I am currently reading Madness by Marya Hornbacher for the second time.
Nail Polish – Something rather girly! A pamper even will not be a pamper evening without painting your nails. My favourite is the Essie ‘Fishnet Stockings’. A lovely deep red. It looks beautiful on.
I think I will have a nice pamper evening on New Year’s Eve. Perfect way to end 2013 don’t you think?
1. Winter Coat – As I mentioned in my Winter Essentials post, a good Winter coat is an essential.
2. Midi Dress – I have been wearing a lot of Midi dresses recently and I think those types of dresses are great for Winter. They are rather long so great for that extra bit of modesty.
3. Gloves – You always need a pair of Gloves during the season.
4. Scarf/Shawl – I would add a nice polka dot shawl or a ‘snood’ to this outfit.
5. Wedged Boots – I never used to like heels as much but recently, I have been gravitating towards wedges, especially Mary Jane wedges. Not too high though! I feel like a pair of suede wedged boots is great for Winter.
6. Structured Bag – I make sure I always look smart and I feel like the bag you wear says a lot about your personality. A nice structured ‘doctors’ bag is really up my street and I find that to be the best bag for university/work.
7. Essie Nail Polish in ‘Shearing Darling‘ – I love this Nail polish. Very Wintery.
8. NARS ‘Shanghai Empress’ Semi Matte Lipstick – An outfit will not be complete without a nice dark red lipstick. This NARS one is perfect for Winter.