A lot of people often say they do not have time for exercise, usually because of the thought of it taking a long time. Well, here is my secret. There is ALWAYS time for exercise. You only need 5 minutes of your day to get fit. It is possible to burn a lot of calories in 5 minutes.
Even if you do not have time to go and do an intense 1-hour cardio session in the gym, there is still no reason you why cannot rev up your metabolism and benefit from many beneficial aspects of a short workout. In fact, research has suggested that a short intense workout can boost your metabolism for the entire day more effectively than a workout that is long and slow.
- 25 jumping lunges – This works your lower and upper body and tones and strengthens the hamstrings, the quadriceps, the calves, the shins, the gluteus, the abdomen and the surrounding lower torso.
- 20 crunches – Doing abdominal crunches targets your abdominal muscles. This exercise strengthens your core if you do it regularly improving your posture and overall fitness as well as giving you a flatter stomach.
- 15 slow squats – Squats are the perfect exercise to shape your buttocks and legs and your overall body. They help with abdominals and lower back muscles. So if you want to be fit and lean, squats are the way to go!
- 10 slow pushups – Pushups help build upper body muscles. It also helps in toning the biceps and triceps. Pushups also help strengthen the back, resulting in a good posture.
- 10 cardio burpees – Possibly one of the hardest and tiring exercises to do but burpees have a ridiculous amount of benefits. The burpee is the ultimate full-body exercise. It works your muscles in your chest, arms, thighs, hamstrings and abs. It is also one of the best exercises to burn fat.
Repeat this circuit as many rounds as you can do in 5 minutes and then you are done!
All you need is a room with some space, a timer, your body and motivation. You can do this workout from your own bedroom! It is that easy and you will benefit from it in a substantial way if you do it everyday. It is a great way to tone up and makes you look great as well as feel great!