Something that I have been loving recently is making homemade fruit smoothies that is high in protein, full of nutrients and gives you that much needed energy when you are feeling rather groggy and run-down. Smoothies are also great for when you recovering from an eating disorder. It is very healthy, guilt-free yet delicious at the same time.
My favourite smoothie that I have been making is a Strawberry and Banana smoothie and here is my recipe.
- 4 or 5 fresh strawberries
- 1/2 of a medium frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt (which will add the protein in the smoothie)
- 150ml of skimmed or semi-skimmed milk or alternatively almond or soy milk if you are vegan
- 1/2 scoop of unflavoured protein powder – for that extra boost of protein (optional)
- Agave nectar/syrup (for sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Ice cubes
As a fitness fanatic, chia seeds is my favourite special ingredient. It gives you energy, lowers cholesterol, is full of fiber and antioxidants and gives you so many amazing goodness!
Put all those ingredients in a blender and blend in one go until it is smooth and then it is ready to drink and enjoy!
This smoothie is a great pre or post-workout snack.